Tuesday, May 17, 2005

It's Over


And such is the last time I will strap on a bahag in front of a full Royce Hall audience. It was a great SPCN. It wasn't perfect (for the first time that I can remember, we had NO guitarist for the Samahang Theme Song), but the crowd was hot, and the SPCN participants brought their A-game that night, including Nick Tang, who took some AMAZING pictures of our show. But the highlight of SPCN for me, and ranks up there with the highlights of my LIFE, was standing on stage before the show...


...with my roommate, the SPCN Coordinator, Sean Canullas...


...and my other roommate, the current Samahang President, Marc Loresto...


...to introduce, for only the second time ever (with the first honor going to Nathan Lam), the first Pinay to be elected USAC President, the beautiful Jenny Wood.


When Marc finally announced Jenny's name and she came on stage, the crowd just blew the top off Royce Hall and just went ballistic. To be there as 1,700 people came to their feet to celebrate Jenny's victory, the feeling was just indescribable. It was a magical moment in Samahang history, and like so many other moments, I don't know what I did to deserve to be there, but I'm simply amazed and humbled by the fact that I could be there to witness that historic occasion.

So, one Royce Hall performance down, another one to go, as I await June 11th, where I'll be with UCLA Chorale singing Verdi's Requiem. Heh, my spine just got tingly all over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Son,

Covered or not you look good. These are beautiful pictures. Congratulation to all Filipinos in UCLA. You got the banner and show them the Pinoy power.

Mom

10:21 PM  
Blogger Gura said...

I couldn't find that dance picture of you on Nick Tang's site.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home