Sunday, August 14, 2005

He's leavin'... on a JET plane...


I've been so blessed having befriended so many great people at UCLA, and Chuck Del Rosario is a guy who belongs near the top of that list. Funny, charming, anime aficionado, SportsCenter buddy, an awesome roommate and just all-around great guy, Chuck, the man who introduced beach Sumo wrestling to my family, will be leaving for Japan on Tuesday to work in the JET programme. He'll be gone for at least a year, maybe more. We celebrated like crazy the last two days, signaling the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Between graduating, folks going off to grad school, my new job, and friends going thousands of miles away, life's decided to slam the accelerator and not let up.

You're gonna have a blast in Japan, Chuck. I wish you nothing but the best!


PS A shoutout to Trinh, who reminded me how great John Denver is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gura said...

Congrats Chuck! Thought about doing that program once. Pay me to live in another country? hell, yeah! Tho I forget what turned me away from doing that.

Oh, and fasten your seatbelts, because life only goes faster from here.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home