Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One Confirmed Reader!!!!!!!

And I think a second might be coming tomorrow! Oh joy!!!!!! But now I need some boys to step up and take some roles. C'mon folks, you know you want it!!!!

PS In case you don't know what I'm talking about...


Hello everyone. If you have not been in the loop, I'm have the first public reading of my new screenplay, "The Kidz of Echo Park"! I'm really excited because this is my first screenplay ever, and this is the very first time anyone will hear this out loud. My work is in pre-pre-production: as in all I have is a script, and that everything is subject to change. I have two main goals for this public reading:

1) To receive initial feedback so I can make revisions to the script
&
2) To find potential producers, directors, actors, etc.

However, this would be IMPOSSIBLE TO DO UNLESS I GET VOLUNTEERS! Here's a breakdown of who I need:

* 9 Readers (6 male, 3 female, with one female as the stage reader)
* 1 Agenda Facilitator (makes sure things run on time, and will facilitate the discussion after the reading)

Here's a quick breakdown of the characters:

Antonio - 17, El Salvadorian male, immigrated to american when he was 15, joins the Filipino gang "Kidz of 'Pilipinas" (KoPs), despite initial concerns, becomes one of the most repected members
Joseph - 19, Filipino American male, Antonio's mentor & best friend, defends Antonio like a brother
Maria - 16, Filipino American female, Joseph's sister, worries about Antonio & Joseph's future
Gamba - 19, Filipino American male, was part of Joseph's entering cohort into KoPs, greatly desires respeto, jealous of Antonio's position in KoPs

The other 3 males and 2 females will read the secondary roles, with one of the females reading stage direction (which happens to be the role with the most lines!). There won't be any rehersal time, although I will pass out samples of the characters and go over the major plot points before we go into the reading.

Here are the logistics of the reading:

Saturday, July 29th, 2006
6 PM - 9 PM

Remy's on Temple
2126 W. Temple
Los Angeles 90026

Any volunteers would need to be available @ 5:30 PM to go over the agenda. If you are interested in volunteering, please email me @ rundmb@gmail.com ASAP with the following:

* Your Name
* Contact Info
* What role(s) you would like to do


All the positions here will be fun and challenging, and you will receive my deepest appreciation!

Thank you everyone for your support!

Sincerely,

Randy Bautista
Extremely Excited/Nervous/Stressed/Etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home