Sunday, July 09, 2006

Reflections on 24, and Other Musings

There's so much going on in my head I don't know where to begin. Maybe I should just break it down one at a time:

1. Birthdays

First of all, thank you all for your birthday wishes!!! I had a great birthday weekend. It was just what I wanted: relaxing, with moderate amounts of alcohol, and great company. It helped that I was celebrating with a few others who were also celebrating birthdays, including two beautiful Pinays, Clarisse and Marianne, and my roommates Peter (last week) and Samir (the day before). On the 6th I was with my roomies as we hit up a rooftop bar at The Standard, with a late-night bite at The Pantry, which just goes to show that everything in Los Angeles must start with the modifier "The". The next night I was over in Pasadena where I had drinks with my old SPEAR counselor and good friend JP (we gotta take a pic together, Japes!), my buds Richard, Lara, and my birthday twin Marianne:



Aren't we stunning? Anyway, good times indeed.

2. Redecorating

For those of you who have been to my apartment, you know there were two things that were sadly missing, a couch and air conditioning. But not anymore!!! I took some birthday money from the parents (thanks parents!) to get a new fan, and combined with some artful scavenging by Samir & Shiva resulting in a new couch and coffee table (scrubbed down thoroughly, of course, my new apartment looks like this:



Now I can have guests over for a significant amount of time!!! Yay!!! Of course, this would have been a satisfying birthday present alone. But of course, I've saved the best for last...

3. Going To The Public

It's official: the first public reading of my first ever screenplay is on! Here's the site:

Remy's On Temple
2126 W. Temple St.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Saturday, July 29th, 2006
6 PM - 9 PM

I'm so excited to finally unvail the project to the world! I'm also incredibly nervous, because it gives me only three weeks to find readers and to revise my current draft. If you are curious about this project, please contact me and/or come to the reading. So with that, I'll probably be dedicating my webjournal to updates about the screenplay and the public reading for the next few days. Oh boy... things just got a little bit more hectic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home