Friday, April 09, 2004

It's Friday!

So it's about 6 AM and no, I didn't go to the Samahang party last night. I was up from 7 am to 10 pm, with a total of three hours of break between 7 am and 8 pm, which should've been two but I missed a meeting (Mea Culpa, Sean!!!). I also have the Advisory Board meeting in less than two hours from now, so I figure sleep was probably the best thing for me. Last quarter, I actually managed to go to sleep at 10 pm to wake up around 5 AM to do HW, which actually worked out really well (I got an A and two Bs last quarter! No academic probation for me!). It's going to be a lot harder to keep that up now, with the Board meetings threatening to break 10 pm and the director interview this coming Wednesday, and the staff interviews all of Week 5.

Today's the day the director applications are due!!! I'm excited and nervous; my biggest fear, unfounded most likely, but nevertheless, is that nothing will be in the orange folder at 5 pm. Probably won't happen, but it's in my nature to think of those worse case scenarios. Which is dumb because even my "worse case scenarios" aren't even that bad. Getting shot? Going to jail? Losing your legs? OK, that's close to a worse case scenario. Not getting any director applications? Inconvenience.

Oh, and for the first time in my life, I feel like I can consistently cook for myself! It's not Wolfgang Puck; it's quite plain: rice in the rice cooker, boil some water to steam some frozen veggies, and pop some frozen chicken nuggets in the George Foreman, and wait. But this is a banquet for a college student (and for a majority of people in the world), and it beats going out to every night to ingest grease.

Today's my semi-free day, so after Advisory Board I plan to go to some office hours, do some homework, meet my SPEAR counselor, and kick it. Yeah, that's probably as close to a kick-it day during the week that I'm gonna get. But that's fine; I work with really good people, and I've got my spaces where I can get my 'ish out.