Monday, April 12, 2004

A waste of a weekend. Not really, but sure does feel like it.

So when does a weekend filled with people, food, sleep, and video games feel like a complete waste? When it's the first weekend during a quarter system.

Honestly, if I look objectively at the whole thing, I'm really not as behind as I think I am. Went to all my classes, went to a few office hours, advisory board, director's applications, etc. And emotionally, it seems like I've just been on a high. Just read my past week's or so entries: "[Spring Quarter] doesn't seem so bad. (April 6th)" "I can't think of any other place where I'd want to be right now (April 8th)." "I think I've been productive (April 8th)."

But when I think of the list of things that are still there (setting up meetings for SPEAR staff selection, subcommittee meetings, straightening out my calendar, etc.), well, yeah.

So anyway, I'm blowing more time by reading movie monologues from Colin's Movie Monologue Page. Whenever I had an audition for some theatrical stuff @ UCLA, I'd go to this page to find an audition piece. Whenever I wander here, I end up reciting three or four, seeing if I still got it. I realize that whenever I recite, two things happen: 1) My voice gets lower, and 2) My throat starts to dry out from all that yapping. I've always naturally had a good projection voice; public speaking has always been my forte. But I've always wanted to work on my range and pull off subdued and lighthearted monologues. I guess that's why I'm especially attracted to movie monologues; really good ones have these great subtleties that only the great actors can really pull off. Once I get my rechargeable batteries for my digital camera and pull out some new monologues... geez, it's over!

OK, this update started at 1 AM and ended at 3. It's time to go.