Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Two Weeks "In" Review, Part II

Before the review, I have a couple of comments:

1. I looked at my last entry and realized that I used the preposition "of" when I should have used "in". But instead of editing my entry, I decided to leave the error in all its glory.

2. I was working on this entry at about 2 in the morning when my comp crashed and it lost it. How sad.

3. At this rate, my "Two Weeks In Review" series will be finished by September.

And now, for your reading pleasure, the second installment entitled:

Endings & Beginnings: The Class of 2004

It's amazing how change can happen so fast and so swiftly. Just one month ago, myself and a bunch of my friends were doing the same thing we had done during that time of the year: study for finals, pay bills, working for Samahang, etc. Then two weeks ago, a good amount of those friends, including, Chuck, James, Maricar, Peachy Gretchen, and Merideth just to name a few, got up, donned the black robe, and took off with their UCLA degrees. And the whole whirlwind has brought up so much stuff that still keeps my head spinning:

1. The P-Grad celebration was both loud & joyous, and a hard hitting reminder that my time at UCLA is almost up.

2. Because two of my roomies have graduated (and the third wants to commute), I sit writing this entry in apartment #202 of the Goshen complex instead of #103. While I love the folks here in #202, the familiarity of #103 is something I miss.

3. With my new alumni friends, questions related to classes get thrown out the window and are replaced with real world questions like: "What are you going to do now?" "Have you found a job yet?" "What is living in [insert far-away city here] like?" and other questions that I have not even considered answering in my own life.

4. With a good chunk of my entering class graduated, I now reach the special status of "Super Senior", which supposedly means that I actually know something about UCLA.

5. Seeing my friends complete the task, I now feel so close to grabbing that degree, and yet so far because I'm getting really sick of Engineering.

6. Graduation parties rock.

7. It's difficult to put into words how much this graduating class has affected my life. When I first entered UCLA, it was a pretty lonely experience, starting over in trying to find my niche. Since then, these beautiful Pinays/Pinoys have been my family, and it's hard to think of college life without them. I can only wish them the very best in their journeys, and hope that they visit often. =P

Soon to come.... The Third Installment: The Big Move

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home