Friday, June 10, 2005

A Study Break That Will Make You Piss in Your Pants

I just got back from our first dress rehearsal for Verdi's Requiem at Royce Hall, and it was simply amazing. We've been practicing all quarter, but tonight actually was the first time we were singing with the Angeles Chorale, a full orchestra, and our four soloists. All told, we had approximately 300 singers & instrumentalists all on stage at the same time. You don't witness that too often, but we did tonight and, man, completely blew me away! Honestly, I've performed so many times that it's become second nature, and I'm not inclined to get excited. I'm REALLY EXCITED for tomorrow night!

If you haven't gotten tickets yet, or simply can't make tomorrow, there is an opportunity for you to see all of this FOR FREE. Saturday morning in Royce Hall, we'll be having a dress rehearsal from 11 AM - 2 PM. You can enter from the back and, very discretely, go into the audience and be there for the rehearsal. Chances are we'll get out early, and we'll have a lunch break, so your best bet it to be there from 11-12 or from 12:30-1:30.

ALSO, I'm still offering $10 tickets! But you will have to go to either the CTO or at the Royce window and pay for the $20 tickets. If I see you after the concert, and mention my online journal, I will PAY you $10 for coming!!! Isn't that sweet?!? Really, it will be WELL WORTH YOUR MONEY. VERY RARELY do I gush over anything 'cuz I'm a friggin' perfectionist, but I'M GUSHING OVER THIS! So hope to see y'all tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home